The California Hub and Spoke System (H&SS) aims to increase access to MAT services throughout the state, particularly in counties with the highest overdose rates. This program was modeled after the Vermont Hub and Spoke system, which successfully increased access to MAT in a rural state with little treatment infrastructure. The H&SS has increased the availability of MAT for patients with OUD by increasing the total number of physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners prescribing buprenorphine.
The H&SS consists of narcotic treatment programs which are referred to as “Hubs” and serve as experts in treating OUD as well as office-based treatment settings which are referred to as “Spokes” and provide ongoing care and maintenance treatment. The CA H&SS is composed of 18 Hub and Spoke networks and over 200 Spoke locations.
H&SS participants also participate in Learning Collaboratives & have access to other training opportunities. The purpose of the Learning Collaboratives is to engage CA H&SS provider and physician participants in the process of shared learning and experiences to facilitate implementation of services, assist with procedural changes, and provide opportunities for interactive problem solving. To learn more about the Learning Collaboratives and other technical assistance efforts, visit the CA Hub And Spoke System website managed by the University of California, Los Angeles Integrated Substance Abuse Programs (UCLA ISAP).
UCLA ISAP also published a Year 1 Evaluation Report for the California Hub and Spoke Medication Assisted Treatment Expansion Program on October 31, 2018.
Interactive CA H&SS Locator Map
The CA H&SS is composed of 18 Hubs and a diverse network of community health partners which serve as Spokes. To locate Hubs and Spokes, please visit the Interactive CA H&SS Locator Map (Updated 10/1/18).
Other H&SS Resources
- UCLA ISAP website
- H&SS Treatment Center Locator
- CA H&SS FAQ
- Billing & Grant Funding FAQ
- Allowable Expenditures FAQ
CA H&SS Profiles
- STR – 01 Fashion Valley Comprehensive Treatment Center
- STR – 02 Riverside Treatment Center
- STR – 04 BAART Behavioral Health Services
- STR – 05 MedMark Treatment Centers
- STR – 08 BAART Behavioral Health Services
- STR – 10 MedMark Treatment Centers
- STR – 12 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 14 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 15 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 50 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 51 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 52 Aegis Treatment Centers
- STR – 53 Tarzana Treatment Centers
- STR – 55 Marin Treatment Centers
- STR – 56 Janus of Santa Cruz
- STR – 57 Janus of Santa Cruz
- STR – 58 CommuniCare Health Centers
- STR – 61 CLARE | MATRIX Opioid Treatment Program