- This event has passed.
Withdrawal Management Workshop (Part I)
November 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
During this interactive, live webinar HMA will review DHCS withdrawal management requirements and discuss diagnostic criteria, assessments tools, and evidence-based treatments for withdrawal from alcohol, sedative hypnotics, opioids and stimulants. Presenters will do a deep dive into identifying who will need pharmacological intervention for alcohol use disorders. Then HMA will compare and contrast different interventions, dosing strategies and medications for alcohol and opioid withdrawal and monitoring of patients. Indications for who needs higher levels of care beyond outpatient and residential withdrawal management will also be covered.
Part I (3.0 credits)
• State the requirements for ambulatory and residential withdrawal management services
• Define the diagnostic criteria for alcohol withdrawal and identify patients who require pharmacotherapy
• Describe evidence-based assessment tools for alcohol withdrawal
• Compare and contrast medications used for alcohol withdrawal and dosing strategies
• Differentiate who will need a higher level of care (inpatient) compared to outpatient management for alcohol withdrawal
Part II (3.0 credits)
• Relate consequences of stimulant use with mechanism of action
• Compare acute, chronic, and lingering healthcare effects of stimulants and how these consequences can affect treatment
• Identify evidence-based treatment of stimulant use disorder
• Define diagnostic criteria for stimulant withdrawal
• Summarize evidence-based treatment of stimulant withdrawal
• Define diagnostic criteria of opioid withdrawal
• Describe evidence-based assessment tools for opioid withdrawal
• Review evidence-based treatment for opioid withdrawal
• Apply principles learned to buprenorphine initiation after overdose, during withdrawal and for cravings
Participants must attend the entire live session to receive continuing education credits.